Self Guided Adventure Holidays in Slovenia is a moderate graded trip and it includes activities such as canyoning, cycling, walking, white water rafting, caving and other activities that will lift your heart rate and raise a sweat. The trip is operated using ‘best practice’ in terms of sustainable and responsible initiatives and guides are all highly experienced. Accommodations are selected on the merits of their environmental practices, location and for their charm. You will explore Slovenia with locals and on the best active way! Trip Highlights:
- Explore the Karst region’s stunning caves.
- Canyoning in Triglav National Park – Fratarica.
- White water rafting on the Soča River (III/IV)
- Great Emerald adventure scenic tour.
- Experience Ljubljana’s vibrant night life.
- Rock climbing in the village of Bohinjska Bela near Famous Bled.
- Cycle on a self-guided journey through the authentic vineyards and farm towns on beautiful Karst.
- Cycle around Lake Bled.
- Day 1: Arrive Ljubljana / A trip briefing will be held by a local representative where you’ll meet your fellow travellers and learn more about Slovenia, the trip and suggestions for exploring Ljubljana and its vibrant night life.
- Day 2: Lake Bled / In the morning take a train from Ljubljana to Lesce-Bled. Transfer to Bohinjska Bela for rock climbing and then free time to explore Bled area in the afternoon. Return to Bled for overnight and dinner at leisure.
- Day 3: Day trip to Soča Valley for canyoning and white water rafting / In store for today is a full day excursion to Bovec in the Soča Valley where you experience both canyoning and white water rafting on the Soča River. In the evening, return to Bled and explore the town at leisure. It is full day for Great Emerald Adventure.
- Day 4: Morning at leisure, train to Karst region / The morning is free for you to continue exploring Bled at your own pace. Hire a boat and explore the lake and island or cycle; the choice is yours. Later in the afternoon take a train to the Karst region. On arrival transfer to your accommodation for this evening, a beautiful stone building oozing with character.
- Day 5: Cycle through Karst region (approx. 20 kilometres) / The unique landscape of this region lends itself to cycling. You will be provided with a bike and maps to guide yourself on the way past vineyards and sleepy villages to a farmhouse for lunch before returning to your accommodation in the evening.
- Day 6: Caving, train transfer to Ljubljana / The morning is reserved for exploring a cave in the Karst region. Under the instruction of a guide who will carry the necessary equipment for the day, you will experience the thrill of exploring a cave the way the explorers did. In the afternoon, transfer to Ljubljana by train and spend the evening at your leisure.
- Day 7: Trip concludes Ljubljana / After breakfast the trip concludes and you are free to continue your journey on your own. Transfers can be arranged for those headed to the airport.
Information and Price:
- Dates: May/June/July/August/September
- Price: 698 EUR / person
- Group size: 1-14 people
- Price includes: organisation, all transfers by itinerary, all guiding activities by itinerary (rock climbing, canyoning, white water rafting, caving) Accommodation B&B in Bled hostel, Karst Hostel and Ljubljana Hostel, rent-a-biking in Bled and Karst, all technical and other equipment for activities, 24/7 agency support, itinerary book with all information and vouchers, welcome drink in Ljubljana.
- Price does not include: Travel to Slovenia, personal expenses, food & drinks.