Self Guided Adventure Holidays in Slovenia is a trip of moderate difficulty and it includes guided activities such as canyoning, cycling, walking, white water rafting and caving that will lift your heart rate and raise a sweat. The trip is operated using ‘best practice’ in terms of sustainable and responsible initiatives. All guides are all highly experienced. You will explore Slovenia in your own pace, meet locals and spend your holidays in the best way - an active way!
- Rock climbing in Bohinjska Bela near Lake Bled.
- Great Emerald Adventure scenic tour.
- White water rafting on the Soča River (III/IV).
- Canyoning in Triglav National Park - Fratarica.
- Cycle around Lake Bled.
- Explore the Karst region and its stunning caves.
- Cycle through the authentic Karst vineyards and farm towns.
- Experience Ljubljana's vibrant night life.
Itinerary: Upon your arrival to Ljubljana or Ljubljana Airport, you will be picked up and transferred to your accommodation in Bled, where your self guided holidays will begin. After check-in and some rest, you will have a briefing with our staff and you will receive a self guided booklet with all needed details, maps and vouchers. We will be happy to give you suggestions on what to do at Lake Bled and answer all questions you might have. Evening free to relax or explore the town of Bled. Accommodation at a Hostel in Bled, breakfast included.
- Day 1: Arrival / Arrival to Ljubljana Airport and transfer Bled / Briefing at LIFE Adventures Office / Free time to explore Bled at your own pace / Accommodation in Bled.
- Day 2: Lake Bled - Rock Climbing / Breakfast at accommodation / Rock climbing in Bohinjska Bela / Free time to explore Bled area in the afternoon / Accommodation in Bled.
- Day 3: Great Emerald Adventure / Breakfast at accommodation / Full day excursion to the Soča Valley where you experience both canyoning and white water rafting / Accommodation in Bled.
- Day 4: Cycling around Lake Bled and Train to Karst region / Breakfast at accommodation / The morning is free for you to continue exploring Bled at your own pace / Hire a boat and explore the lake and island or cycle; the choice is yours / Afternoon train ride to the Karst region / On arrival transfer to your accommodation, a beautiful stone building oozing with character. / Overnight in the village of Pliskovica.
- Day 5: Self guided Cycling across Karst (approx. 20 kilometres) / Breakfast at accommodation / The unique landscape of this region lends itself to cycling / You will be provided with a bike and maps to guide yourself on the way past vineyards and sleepy villages to a farmhouse for lunch before returning to your accommodation in the evening / Overnight in Pliskovica.
- Day 6: Caving and Train ride to Ljubljana / Breakfast at accommodation / The morning is reserved for exploring a cave in the Karst region / You will experience the thrill of exploring a cave the way the explorers did under the instruction of a caving guide / In the afternoon, transfer to Ljubljana by train / Free evening / Accommodation in Ljubljana.
- Day 7: Departure / After breakfast the trip concludes and you are free to continue your journey on your own / Transfers can be arranged for those headed to the airport.
Information & Price:
- Dates: May, June, July, August, September
- Price: 790 EUR /person (at min. 2 people in a group)
- Upgrade to 3-star hotel: 180 EUR / person
- Group size: 2-8 people
- Price includes: organisation, briefing on day 1, itinerary booklet with all information and vouchers, all transfers by itinerary, all guided activities by itinerary (rock climbing, canyoning, white water rafting, caving), 6 nights at accommodation in Bled Hostel, Karst Hostel and Ljubljana Hostel (all shared, dormitory rooms), rent-a-bike in Bled and Karst, all technical and other equipment for activities, 24/7 agency support, VAT.
- Price does not include: Travel to Slovenia, travel & health insurance, personal expenses, food & drinks (except breakfast), gratuity.