Self Guided Adventure Holidays in Slovenia is a trip of moderate difficulty and it includes activities such as canyoning, cycling, walking, white water rafting and caving that will lift your heart rate and raise a sweat. The trip is operated using ‘best practice’ in terms of sustainable and responsible initiatives. All guides are all highly experienced. You will explore Slovenia in your own pace, meet locals and spend your holidays in the best way - an active way!
- Explore the Karst region and its stunning caves.
- Canyoning in Triglav National Park - Fratarica.
- White water rafting on the Soča River (III/IV).
- Great Emerald Adventure scenic tour.
- Experience Ljubljana's vibrant night life.
- Rock climbing in Bohinjska Bela near Lake Bled.
- Cycle through the authentic Karst vineyards and farm towns.
- Cycle around Lake Bled.
Itinerary: Upon your arrival to Ljubljana or Ljubljana Airport, you will be picked up and transferred to your accommodation in Bled, where your self guided holidays will begin. After check-in and some rest, you will have a briefing with our staff and you will receive a self guided booklet with all needed details, maps and vouchers. We will be happy to give you suggestions on what to do at Lake Bled and answer all questions you might have. Evening free to relax or explore the town of Bled. Accommodation at a Hostel in Bled, breakfast included.
- Day 1: Arrival / Arrival to Ljubljana airport and transfer to Bled. After briefing, free time to explore Bled area at your own pace.
- Day 2: Lake Bled / In the morning you will take a train from Ljubljana to Bled. Transfer to Bohinjska Bela for rock climbing and then free time to explore Bled area in the afternoon. Return to Bled for overnight and dinner at leisure.
- Day 3: Day trip to Soča Valley for canyoning and white water rafting / Full day excursion to the Soča Valley where you experience both canyoning and white water rafting. In the evening, return to Bled and explore the town at your own pace.
- Day 4: Morning at leisure, train to Karst region / The morning is free for you to continue exploring Bled at your own pace. Hire a boat and explore the lake and island or cycle; the choice is yours. Later in the afternoon take a train to the Karst region. On arrival transfer to your accommodation for this evening, a beautiful stone building oozing with character.
- Day 5: Cycle through Karst region (approx. 20 kilometres) / The unique landscape of this region lends itself to cycling. You will be provided with a bike and maps to guide yourself on the way past vineyards and sleepy villages to a farmhouse for lunch before returning to your accommodation in the evening.
- Day 6: Caving, train transfer to Ljubljana / The morning is reserved for exploring a cave in the Karst region. Under the instruction of a guide who will carry the necessary equipment for the day, you will experience the thrill of exploring a cave the way the explorers did. In the afternoon, transfer to Ljubljana by train and spend the evening at your leisure.
- Day 7: Trip concludes Ljubljana / After breakfast the trip concludes and you are free to continue your journey on your own. Transfers can be arranged for those headed to the airport.
Information & Price:
- Dates: May - September
- Price: 650 EUR /person (at min. 2 people in a group)
- Upgrade to 3-star hotel: 180 EUR / person
- Group size: 2-8 people
- Price includes: organisation, briefing on day 1, itinerary book with all information and vouchers, welcome drink in Ljubljana, all transfers by itinerary, all guiding activities by itinerary (rock climbing, canyoning, white water rafting, caving), 6 nights at accommodation in Bled Hostel, Karst Hostel and Ljubljana Hostel (all shared, dormitory rooms), rent-a-bike in Bled and Karst, all technical and other equipment for activities, 24/7 agency support, VAT.
- Price does not include: Travel to Slovenia, travel & health insurance, personal expenses, food & drinks (except breakfast at the accommodation), gratuity.