A place where you can feel the beat of shepherd’s life. Have you ever dreamed of waking up in a mountain cottage, drinking some fresh milk and eating home-made bread for breakfast? Taking shepherd’s crook and looking after a flock of sheep or herd of cattle all over the alpine meadows?
The sunny Kofce Mountain Pasture (1445 m) is the place, where you can feel the beat of herdsman’s life. There are lots of possible activities to be done around. You can walk an easy marked path passing three neighbouring picturesque pastures Šija, Tegoska and Dolga Njiva within four hours. What is more, you can enjoy the beauties of alpine plateau by riding a horse! Those who prefer mountain cycling can cycle under Košuta ridge at a height of about 1500 meters. The Košuta ridge itself spreads on the border between Slovenia and Austria and reaches the height of 2000 meters and above. Passing it from one edge to the other, that is from west to east or vice versa, takes about five hours of easy walking. The panoramic view from there is unforgettable. Something that you really mustn’t miss is to taste delicious milky products such as sour milk, cheese or yogurt. They go perfectly with hard-boiled buckwheat mush, called »žganci«, the traditional Slovenian national food.
Information & Price:
- Dates: May – October
- Duration: 6 – 8 hours
- Price: 95 EUR / person (at minimum 4 people)
- Price includes: Organisation, qualified English-speaking guide, return transfer from Bled, typical Slovenian mountain lunch, small bottle of water at the start, VAT. Optionally we can provide hiking poles and backpacks.
- Optional activities (additional costs might apply):
- Walking on the easy marked path / 2-5 hours
- Climbing the Mt. Košuta ridge (2044 m) / 3-5 hours
- Cycling around Košuta and Mt. Konšca / 3-5 hours
- Horseback riding / 1-3 hours