Mt. Triglav is undoubtedly the best-known and most visited Slovene mountain. A classical ascent of Slovenia’s highest mountain, recognisable by its outstanding figure of Three Heads. The climb is physically demanding, but the reward you will receive in form of views, is so much worth the effort.
Our 3-day Self-Guided Mt. Triglav tour is truly the best of both worlds. Hiking on your terms with all the help and support you need so you can focus on what matters most. Mt. Triglav self-guided tour offers the same quality, style, service, equipment and comforts of our Mt. Triglav guided tour. The only difference is that with self-guided option, YOU are the guide. With over 15 years of experience, we know all the secrets of Self-Guided tours.
Mt. Triglav – 3-day Self-Guided Tour
- Dates: late-June – end-September
- Duration: 3 days / 6-8 hours of walking/day
- Accommodation / over night stay: Mountain Huts
- Total vertical climb: 1.950 meters
- Price: 168 € / person (at 2 people or more in a group)
- Half board – additional cost: 30 EUR / person
- Single supplement – 60 EUR
- Price includes: organisation, 24/7 office assistance, 2 nights in mountain huts (shared, dormitory rooms) with breakfast, return transfer from Bled to Bohinj, rental of via-ferrata equipment (helmet, harness & via ferrata set), small bottle of water on the start, tourist tax, VAT. Optionally we can provide hiking equipment (hiking poles, backpack and/or basic rain jacket – free of charge)
- Not included in price: Travel to Slovenia, travel & health insurance, lunches and dinners at the huts (allow approx. 10-15 EUR/meal with one drink)
- Prices in Mountain huts: Goulash: 7,5 EUR /Beer: 4 EUR / Coffee with milk: 2,30 EUR / Bottled water 1,5l: 4,40 EUR, … / prices are approximate and can be a subject to change
Itinerary at a Glance:
Day 1 / Transfer from Bled to Bohinj Lake / Hike: Bohinj Lake – Stara Fužina – Voje Valley, Mostnica Gorge – Vodnik Mountain Hut – Planika Mountain Hut. Overnight Planika Mountain Hut. Hike: 7-8h / Elevation: 1.855 m
Day 2 / Hike: Planika Mountain Hut – Mt. Triglav summit – Dolič saddle – Hribarice plateau – Triglav Lakes Valley – Triglav lakes Mountain Hut. Hike: 8-9h / Elevation: 652 m
Day 3 / Hike: Koča pri Triglavskih jezerih Hut – Dom na Komni – Koča pri Savici. / Transfer back to Bled Hike: 4-5h / Elevation: 1.015 m
The hike is considered a challenging activity with a demanding climb to the summit of the mountain. The hike demands high level of endurance and can be challenging for those, who are not used to longer hikes. The climb to the summit of Mt. Triglav is via ferrata (italian for “iron way”), which is an extremely steep climb on steel ladders and steel wires and is not recommended for people, who are not in a good physical condition or are afraid of heights. The climb is also not recommended for children younger than 15 years and pregnant women.
Our References – Mt. Triglav climb:
- 148 climbing-hiking groups in last 12 years.
- 844 people on the very top of Mt Triglav.
- 87 People on Mount Triglav – 3 days Self guided tour.
- 98,00 % successful climbs.
- We are a partner agency of 8 biggest Trekking & Hiking agencies around the globe.
- 69 people on a Winter climb with us so far and counting …
- 6 experienced Mountain guides.
- We know Mt Triglav & Julian Alps very well – it is an area near our homes.
- 24/7 Services – Office manager and Agency Office are very close to Triglav National Park.
- We use the best brand and new hiking and climbing equipment (Black Diamonds, Edelrid, Beal, Mountain Hardwear, …).
- With over 15 years of experience, we know all the secrets of Outdoor activities.