River walking is a combination of walking, exploration of the river, swimming along the river/canyon, easy rock climbing and easy jumping into clear pools of an aquatic canyon. River walking is an outdoor activity, a very special and fresh experience in Slovenia. It is in some ways similar to canyoning. It involves particular techniques like easy rock climbing, climbing down on wet surfaces, swimming and understanding the geographical features of the valley and its river. River Walking is one of the best ways to explore a beautiful Alpine river and it's pristine nature. The wild landscapes and rough rivers of the Slovenian Alpine region offer great opportunities for canyon explorations. River walking - swimming trips in Slovenia are usually organised between June and September - in high summer season. This is a wet and wild day, full of different kind of movements through nature. A relaxing day in nature, where one is surrounded by beautiful flora and fauna.
Information & Price:
- Dates: June - September
- Duration: 2,5-3,5 hours of river walking / 1,5 hours drive from Bled / 20 min from Bovec.
- Difficulty: easy walking, swimming & jumping
- Starting point: Bled or Bovec
- Price: 68 EUR / person (minimum 3, max 8 people / guide)
- Additional cost of 20 EUR /person, if only 2 people are in a group.
- Price includes: Organisation, guidance by English-speaking professional guide, return transfer to location, all equipment (wet-suite, shoes, helmet,...), photos from walking/swimming trip done by guide, bottled water, VAT.
- About: The Best way to explore Alpine rivers and pristine nature of Triglav National Park.