Via Julian Alps on skis – Slovenian Haute Route. Mountains are covered with snow in Slovenia and snowy, untouched areas are awaiting for you to mark your ways across. Enjoy winter and go on a ski touring trip with us! A Slovenian version of the well known Haute Route – from Mt. Vogel to Mt. Triglav will leave you breathless!
A 4-day trip will take you from Bohinj Lake to Mt Vogel by cable car, where you will begin your ski touring towards Mt Komna, accompanied by magnificent views of the Bohinj Lake. From Komna, the route will take you across the picturesque Triglav Lakes Valley with its seven lakes and further on up to Kredarica Mt Hut below Mt Triglav. Upon return from the top, you will ski down to Krma Valley and return to Bled, full of unforgettable memories of the best skiing adventure in 2016/2017.
- Day 1: Ljubljana, Kranjska Gora or Bled – transfer to Bohinj Lake – Mt Vogel (cable car) – Mt Komna (overnight in mt. hut)
- Day 2: Komna Mt Hut – Triglav Lakes Valley – Prehodavci (overnight in winter room)
- Day 3: Prehodavci – Mt Kanjavec – Kredarica (overnight in mt. hut)
- Day 4: Kredarica – Krma Valley – transfer to Bled, Kranjska Gora or Ljubljana.
It is bettwen 51-54 km across the Julian Alps, ascended around 3000-3300 m and skied downwards for around 3700-3900 altitude meters.
- Dates: January/February/March/April
- Duration: 4 days (6-8 hours of ski touring/day)
- Price: 498 EUR/person (at min. 3 people)
- Price includes: Organisation, All transport services, Guidance (licenced mountain guide), 3x Accommodation in mountain huts with breakfast, cable car ticket -Vogel ski resort, all technical equipment (shovel, beacon, probe), 24/7 services, welcome drink, lunch or dinner on the last day in the valley.
- Not included: travel to Slovenia, personal insurance, personal food and drinks, skiing equipment.
- Optional rental of brand new winter and ski touring equipment (Dynafit skis, Dynafit ski boots, BD ski sticks, rescue set) at additional cost: 120EUR/person/4days.
- Half-board option (dinner included): 538 EUR/person.
- All meals are available at the huts. Guide will cooks in winter room on day 2 in half-board option.
Note: Our guides are highly experienced with ski touring. The first time we did Slovenian Haute route was back in 2005. The route itself is physically very demanding. You’ll have to carry around quite a lot of equipment, which makes the backpacks heavy. The section around Komna and the descent from Dovška vratca towards Krma can be problematic because of orientation. Fitness, as opposed to technical ability, is the primary requirement. It is one of the best ski touring route in the Julian Alps but you have to be correct physically prepared.
Our References – Ski Touring in Julian Alps:
- 128 skiers in last 9 years.
- 31 ski touring groups in last 9 years.
- We are a partner agency of 8 biggest Trekking & Hiking agencies around the globe.
- We know Julian Alps very well – it is an area near our homes.
- 4 experienced Mountain guides.
- 24/7 services – Office manager and Agency Office are very close to Triglav National Park.
- We have experienced tour & Location manager for organisation all tours and adventure trips.
- We use the best brand and new ski touring and climbing equipment (Dynafit, Black Diamonds, Mountain Hardwear, Beal, …)