Adventure Holidays for families with kids in the Julian Alps and Triglav National Park – 7 days of multiple activities family holiday in Slovenia – Fantastic scenery – Unique and unspoiled Alpine world – Beautiful Bled and Bohinj Lakes – In the heart of the sunny side of the Julian Alps – Multiple activities Adventure – Full Service. Activities you will do:
- Canyoning close to Lake Bohinj.
- Bike tour to Vintgar Gorge or around Lake Bled (self-guided tour).
- Easy hiking to Mt. Košuta and mountain pasture Šija – Karawanks mountain range.
- Rock climbing at Bohinjska Bela.
- Rafting on Sava River (grade II.-III.).
- Easy hiking to Savica Waterfall; with cable car to Vogel.
- Canoeing on Lake Bohinj (easy).
- Day 1: Welcome drink and briefing / Arrival to Bled, welcome drink and briefing in the office agency. Bled is a typical alpine town which is located in the foothill of the Julian Alps. Accommodation at the farmhouse near Bled.
- Day 2: Bled and surroundings / After breakfast at the farmhouse, you will go canyoning with instructor in the beautiful Jereka Canyon (2-3 hours) – it is an unforgettable experience. After lunch break you will go cycling to Vintgar Gorge in the afternoon (approx. 3 hours). Accommodation at the farmhouse.
- Day 3: Bled – Mt. Košuta/ Breakfast at the farmhouse / Packing for the overnight in the mountains / Hiking to Šija Pasture on Mt. Košuta (2 hours) / Lunch at the Šija Mountain Hut / Afternoon activities at the pasture / Accommodation in Šija Mountain Hut and dinner in the hut. The sunny Mountain Pastures are the place, where you can feel the beat of herdsman’s life. There are lots of possible activities to be done around.
- Day 4: Šija pasture – Lake Bled – Bohinjska Bela / In the morning you will have breakfast in the mountain hut and will slowly return back to Bled, where you can have a refreshing swim and lunch near the lake. In the afternoon you will do easy climbing in Bohinjska Bela with a climbing guide. Accommodation at the farmhouse.
- Day 5: Bled – Lake Bohinj – Savica Waterfall – Vogel – Canoeing on Lake Bohinj / After breakfast we will go to another lake – Lake Bohinj, and will hike to Savica Waterfall; after that, we will take a cable car to Mt. Vogel. We will have lunch in the mountain hut, and do an easy hike on the mountain. In the afternoon we will do easy paddling on Lake Bohinj with optional swimming. Late afternoon transfer back to Lake Bled. Accommodation at the farmhouse.
- Day 6: Bled – Activities around Bled / After breakfast you will go Rafting on Sava River (2-3 hours). Free afternoon. Accommodation at the farmhouse.
- Day 7: Bled– departure Final day / Departure after breakfast. Transfer to the airport can be organised.
- 7-day holidays / 5 days of multiple activities,
- 5 nights at the farmhouse,
- 1 night in the mountain hut,
- Group size: 4 – 7,
- Easy activities & a nice family holiday.
PRICE: 690,00 EUR / person Discounts for children:
- Children up to 3 years old are free of charge,
- Children from 4-6 years old: -50% of discount,
- Children from 7-12 years old: -30% of discount.
- Professional, local English-speaking tour guides and qualified guides for all activities,
- All return transfers for the activities,
- All accommodations with breakfast (5 nights at the farmhouse, 1 night in the mountain hut – shared rooms, dormitory, bunk beds),
- All necessary equipment for all activities (helmet, harness, bikes, wet-suit, …),
- Rent-a-bike (Lake Bled) with all equipment,
- Organisation service, 24/7 services.
Services not included:
- Travel to Slovenia,
- Travel & health insurance,
- All food and drinks (except breakfasts at the accommodations),
- Personal expenses,
- Suggested spending money: Approximately 200 EUR should be allowed for other expenses (food, drinks, entrance fees for Vintgar Gorge (4 EUR/person-adults, 2 EUR/person-children), Savica Waterfall (2,5 EUR/person), return cable car ticket to Mt. Vogel (14 EUR/person-adults, 9 EUR/person-children).
- It is advised that the youngest child is at least 6 years old, to be able to join all activities,
- Canyoning is not appropriate for children under 6 years of age,
- Rafting on river Sava is not appropriate for children under 4 years of age,
- All minors must be accompanied by an adult, who is either their parent or a legal guardian,
- We can provide child seats and trailers for bikes and baby carrier backpacks.
Letters from families: ***1 “Life Adventures are a really great outfit. From first enquiries until last goodbyes, we couldn’t have been happier with our family adventure week. Katarina, our contact in the office, was the most helpful holiday rep that I’ve ever come across – nothing was too much trouble – and she was really friendly and kind throughout. This turned out to be the case with all Life Adventure employees as each expert guide took us off on our activities, coaching us firmly in all aspects of safety, encouraging us to do things that might have felt more challenging than we were comfortable with, and sharing excellent local insight into wildlife, geography and folklore. Whilst canyoning was definitely the stand-out adrenalin rush, the walking in the mountains has left us determined to go back to the area for more. Slovenia, and in particular the Julian Alps around Bled and Bohinj, is utterly beautiful and the people are warm and welcoming (Life Adventures arranged for us to stay in Pr’Povsin – a wonderful small pension/hotel on a local farm, with amazing home-cooked food). I can’t recommend the Life Adventures experience highly enough.” – Sophie H with family, 2016 ***2 “Before going to Slovenia we were a little worry about our arrangements with Life Adventures turning out OK – however we need not have feared. The instructors were great – knowledgeable, friendly and great with our 3 children. The accommodation was a large family room on a farm and excellent value for money. We packed a lot into our stay including kayaking, lake swimming, rock climbing, hill walking and mountain biking and have fantastic memories of the whole trip.” *** 3 “Dear Maja. Just a quick note to thank you and Life Adventures for a well organized and fantastic time for us as families in Bled – it was a ten out of ten holiday experience for me particularly. I would like to say as important as the activities were themselves, what really made it was the fantastic team from Life Adventures who guided us oldies and our young ones through the adventure activities – so polite and helpful, we wish you were all here in UK working for us!! So, do pass our thanks and greetings to the rest of the admin team: Petra and Nina (thanks for being so patient and absorbing with the need to swop activities about – without groaning!). And the activity team: Michel for accompanying us on the walk to Kofce (can he still remember the names of 10 chefs!!) – Marco for sharing Ron´s cigarette after capsizing down the river kayaking (and for getting us wet!), Jerry for taking control and gently lowering Hannah & I down the gorges canyoning and for the visits to Bohinj & Vintgar. You probably won´t remember us but we remember you for making it an unforgettable trip – ideally suited to us as families! I have to say, much to my ignorance, I hadn´t even heard of Bled before our booking with you – now it is written on our hearts – sLOVEnia!! Thank you for all you did and perhaps one day we will see you again! PS Maja – please give greetings and thanks to your mother Natasha – she´s a wonderful woman and was so very helpful!” Andy, Elaine & Bethany