SELF GUIDED CYCLING
AROUND JULIAN ALPS
Breathtaking scenery of the Julian Alps / Pure alpine Bohinj Lake and picturesque Lake Bled / Stay in charming pensions run by local people or in small 3* hotels / Picturesque drive across Vršič mountain pass / Cycling through Trenta Valley along the emerald Soča river / Sightseeing of Kozjak waterfall in Kobarid / Cycling near Tolmin and Most na Soči / Sightseeing of Kranjska Gora and Lake Jasna / Enjoy a train ride from Most na Soči to Bohinjska Bistrica
Cycling around the Julian Alps and Triglav National Park
4-day adventurous holiday tour, exploring on two wheels around the western part of Slovenia. Experiencing the breathtaking scenery of green alpine valleys, clear meandering rivers and majestic mountain peaks. One of the most beautiful parts of Slovenia!
- Full organisation of the trip.
- Introductory briefing on day 1.
- Transfer from Ljubljana airport to Bled.
- Booklet with detailed itinerary and route instructions.
- Maps with marked routes.
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- 4-day rental of Trek Hybrid bike with 2 side panniers, helmet, lock, pump, spare tube and repair kit.
- 3 nights in 3*accommodation, half-board.
- Private transfer from Kranjska Gora to Trenta via Vršic Mountain Pass (1611m).
- Private transfer from Jereka village to Goreljek village (Pokljuka).
- Train ticket: Most na Soči to Bohinjska Bistrica.
- Main luggage depot.
- Tourist tax and VAT.
- Travel to the start/end point of the trip.
- Food and drinks – except breakfast and dinner.
- Luggage transfer between towns. You carry all needed in panniers on days 1–4.
- Items of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Upgrade with E-bike: 30 €/bike/day
- Single supplement: 90 €
- High season (July, August) surcharge: 40 €/person
- We can organise a private guided group for 4 bikers or more with our experienced and licensed guides. Please, contact us for details.
- Upon arrival to Ljubljana or Ljubljana airport, you will be transferred to Bled.
- An introductory briefing will be held at the Bled Office, where you will receive all needed info and gear for your cycling adventure.
- Cycle from Bled to Kranjska Gora (38 kilometres).
- Afternoon return cycle to Tamar Valley and Fusine (Belopeška) Lakes.
- Accommodation at hotel*** in Kranjska Gora, half-board.
- After breakfast a private transfer to Trenta valley will take you across Slovenia’s highest mountain pass Vršič (1611 m).
- You will stop on top of the mountain pass where you will have the most outstanding views on the Trenta valley.
- Your cycling will begin at the start of the Trenta valley. The route will take you on a path alongside the emerald Soča river. You will cycle past the gorges of the river, past Bovec town towards Kobarid (35 kilometres).
- You can optionally take a short hike to one of the most beautiful waterfalls – Kozjak, or you can visit the well-known WWI Museum in Kobarid.
- Accommodation at hotel*** in Kobarid, half-board.
- Your cycling will begin after breakfast. You will continue cycling on a path along the Soča river.
- You will cycle past villages all the way to Most na Soči town (20 kilometres) where you will take a train (45 minutes) to Bohinjska Bistrica.
- From Bohinjska Bistrica you will cycle on a beautiful cycling path towards Bohinj Lake passing by scenic villages (approx. 5 kilometres).
- Accommodation at hotel*** in Bohinj, half-board.
- In the morning you will cycle to a near-by Jereka village (10 kilometres).
- A private transfer will take you up to Pokljuka Plateau.
- You will continue cycling on Pokljuka and downhill towards Lake Bled (25 kilometres) where your tour will end with an easy cycle around the lake.
- Return of the bikes and all rented gear. Main luggage pick-up.
Make it happen.