SELF GUIDED CYCLING
FROM BLED TO BOHINJ
Cycling between the two Alpine pearls: Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj via the majestic forest of Pokljuka Plateau
1-day cycling adventure in the Triglav National Park
There are several ways of connecting the two Slovenian Alpine pearls: Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj. A more active choice, where we travel relatively slowly, is cycling through Triglav National Park, experiencing Pokljuka Plateau and its vast pine forest. This is for sure a comfortable cycle, a round trip on a bike from Bled to Bohinj.
- Full organisation of the trip.
- Introductory briefing.
- A map with a marked route.
- Detailed route instructions and train timetable.
- Train ticket from Bohinjska Bistrica to Bled.
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- Transfer from Bled to Pokljuka Plateau (30-45 minutes).
- Rent-a-bike: Trek Marlin 7 or Trek DS bike.
- Rental of a bike helmet, repair kit, lock and pannier or small backpack.
- Reusable water bottle.
- Travel to/from Bled (to the start and from the end point of the trip).
- Food and drinks.
- Main luggage depot.
- Items of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Single supplement: 55 €.
- E-bike upgrade: 30 €/bike.
- Storage of main luggage for the duration of the tour: 20 €/group.
Transfer from Bled to Pokljuka Plateau / Cycling from Mrzli studenec to Lake Bohinj / Cycling around Lake Bohinj / Cycling from Ribičev Laz to Bohinjska Bistrica / Train ride from Bohinjska Bistrica to Lake Bled
After an introductory meeting, a short, 30-minute transfer will bring you up to Pokljuka Plateau (at 1200m above sea level) in Triglav National Park, where your cycling will begin. You will cycle on an enjoyable road through the Pokljuka forest from Mrzli studenec to Goreljek, a beautiful Alpine pasture in the heart of Triglav National Park. The road will begin to descend towards Lake Bohinj to which you will cycle past small villages. Once at the lake, an optional cycle around or at least to the other end will be possible.
You will have a chance to visit the well-known Savica waterfall or take a cable car ride nearly 1000 meters higher to Mt. Vogel. After an enjoyable afternoon by the lake you will continue cycling on a pleasant cycling path towards the town of Bohinjska Bistrica. You will pass small, traditional villages and cycle all along the Sava Bohinjka river. A short, 20-minute train ride from Bohinjska Bistrica will bring you back to Bled. One last cycle around Lake Bled will be a perfect conclusion to a magical day.
Make it happen.