SELF GUIDED CLIMB
Experience breathtaking scenery of high mountain peaks and lakes / Magical Bohinj Lake and Triglav National Park / Mount Triglav (2864 m) – the highest peak in the Julian Alps / Stay in rustic mountain huts / Walk through the well-known Triglav Lakes Valley / Visit Savica waterfall and Mostnica gorge / Visit the picturesque town of Bled
Ascending the highest mountain in the Julian Alps at your own pace
This 3-day, self-guided Mount Triglav Climb with Triglav lakes Valley trekking is truly the best of both worlds. Hiking on your terms and pace with all the help and support you need so you can focus on what matters to you the most.
Mt. Triglav is considered as one of the mighty mountains with marvelous views. On a clear and sunny day, one can see far across the Julian Alps, all the way to Grossglockner on the northwest and to the Adriatic Sea on the south. Triglav has numerous excellent paths from various surrounding valleys, which lead up to the very top in a meandering way.
- Full organisation of the trip.
- Introductory briefing on day 1.
- Booklet with detailed itinerary, route instructions and details with vouchers.
- A original map with marked routes (1:25.000).
- GPX track (digital route for mobile phone, watch or Garmin device).
- APP for navigation.
- Emergency contact number and 24/7 support.
- 2 nights in mountain huts (dormitory rooms, breakfast included).
- Private transfer from Bled to start of the tour in Stara Fužina (Lake Bohinj).
- Bus transfer from Lake Bohinj to Bled at the end of the tour.
- Rental of via-ferrata equipment (helmet, harness, via ferrata set) and hiking equipment (hiking poles, basic rain jacket, backpack).
- Tourist tax and VAT.
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip.
- Purchase of single-use sheets at the huts (2,50 eur/set). The use of sleeping sheets is obligatory at the huts. You can either bring your own or buy single-use ones. Blankets are provided free of charge.
- Food and drinks: lunch (approx. 10-15 eur/meal) and dinner on all days.
- Main luggage depot.
- Items of personal nature.
- Travel Insurance.
- Appropriate hiking boots (ankle-high with good grip) are an essential part of equipment. Light walking shoes or sneakers are NOT appropriate.
- Half board – additional cost: 30 €
- Single supplement: 60 €
- Optional storage of main luggage for the duration of the tour: 20 €/group.
- The hike is considered a challenging activity with a demanding climb to the summit of the mountain. It demands a high level of endurance and can be challenging for those, who are not used to longer hikes. The climb to the summit of Mt. Triglav is via ferrata (Italian for “iron way”), which is an extremely steep climb on steel ladders and steel wires and is not recommended for people, who are not in a good physical condition or are afraid of heights.
You will start your hike from Lake Bohinj towards a nearby village of Stara Fužina where you will enter a forest trail that will lead you through Voje Valley and Mostnica Gorge. The hike will take you up to Vodnik Mt. Hut and onward to Planika Mt. Hut where you will spend the night.
Hike: 7-8 hours
Elevation: 1.855 m
Today you will climb the via ferrata from the hut to the summit of Mt. Triglav (400 m height difference). You will descend through the well-known Triglav Lakes Valley, past several mountain lakes. You will stop at the Triglav Lakes Hut by the Double Lake, where you will spend the night.
Hike: 8 – 9 hours
Elevation: 652 m
The path will lead you past Black Lake to Komna plateau. You will descend to Bohinj Lake, where your hiking adventure will end. Optionally, at the end of your hike, you can do another 20-minute hike and visit the well-known Savica waterfall.
Afternoon Transfer from Lake Bohinj to Bled.
Hike: 5 hours
Elevation: 1.015 m
ACCOMMODATION is organised in two different mountain huts:
Day 1: Planika Mountain Hut / dormitory rooms, breakfast included
Day 2: Triglav Lakes Mountain Hut / dormitory rooms, breakfast included
Mountain huts are basic, generally with excellent mountain views, hearty cuisine and warm atmosphere. In the mountain huts you will generally sleep in dorm rooms with 5-30 people. There are no showers in the mountain huts.
Meals can be ordered in hut’s dining room. You can purchase picnic lunch supplies in towns before the start of the tour or purchase lunch from your accommodation providers the night before. It is always good to have snacks and energy bars with you, particularly when you are staying in the huts where supplies are limited.
Make it happen.
Really well organised trip from life adventures. The hike itself was pretty tough, which was as expected. We used the half board which took the hassle out of the evenings when we just wanted to crash and relax. The structure of the 3 days was great: hard, easier, easier still. Would recommend.
We did a 3-day self-guided tour to Mt Triglav on the last days of June and could not be more satisfied with the overall experience! The first day up to Dom Planika was 8 hours walking on somewhat rocky terrain and slowly (but surely) ascending with every step. We very much enjoyed the via ferrata part up to the top on the morning of the 2nd day and the way down towards the Seven Lakes hut was exciting in the beginning and then continued as a nice path in the forest with lakes and picturesque views. Everything was well organized, including transfer from and to Bled and accommodation and breakfasts at the huts. 10 out of 10 and would recommend to everyone who wants to spend a couple of days in the nature.
Mt Triglav Climb
161 climbing-hiking groups in the last 15 years.
1.150 people on the very top of Mt Triglav.
214 people on the 3-day Self guided Mount Triglav trekking tour.
98,00 % successful climbs (reaching the summit).
We are a partner agency of some of the biggest Trekking & Hiking agencies around the globe.
79 people on the Triglav Winter Climb with us so far and counting …
6 experienced Mountain guides.
Our Guides and Staff skied from the top of Mount Triglav.
We know Mt Triglav & Julian Alps very well, for it is an area near our homes.
24/7 Service – Office manager and Agency Office are very close to Triglav National Park (Bled, Lesce and Bovec).
We use the best brand and new hiking and climbing equipment (Black Diamond, Edelrid, Beal, Mountain Hardwear, Grivel, Salewa, Dynafit, Petzl, …).
With over 22 years of experience, we know all the secrets of Outdoor activities.